Kaskadenforum - diskutieren und kritisieren.

EASTBOURNE, England -- Top-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland failed to reach the second round of the Aegon International when

in Allgemein 15.01.2018 06:45
von jokergreen0220 • 135 Beiträge

EASTBOURNE, England -- Top-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland failed to reach the second round of the Aegon International when she was beaten 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (4) by Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia on Monday. Kevan Miller Jersey . But defending champion Elena Vesnina of Russia held off a strong challenge to beat Shuai Peng of China 6-3, 6-4, and there was another hard-fought victory for 2012 runner-up Angelique Kerber of Germany, who defeated Alison Riske of the United States 7-6 (6), 6-4. Former champion Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark also won, beating Australian Samantha Stosur 7-5, 6-4. Radwanska won the grass-court tournament in 2008, but she has since fallen in the first round four times and not won a match at Eastbourne since she reached the quarterfinals in 2011. Despite her early exit, Radwanska was not too concerned about her lack of match preparation for Wimbledon. In 2012 after a first-round defeat she went on to reach the Wimbledon final, and last year after an opening-round loss she reached the semifinals there. "The first match (on grass) is always tricky," she said. "Well, it was a great match before Wimbledon to get used to it ... I just hope I can do the same good results (at Wimbledon) this year." Wozniacki had to recover a break of serve at the beginning of each set to defeat Stosur but felt comfortable to be back on a surface which netted her the 2009 title at Eastbourne as well as the junior trophy at Wimbledon. Following her first round defeat at Roland Garros, Wozniacki enjoyed a break in Miami with family and friends, including Serena Williams. "That was a lot of fun," Wozniacki said. "Serena and I had a good time with some of our other friends ... I came back home and I worked hard every day four, five hours a day. My game is in good shape." Eastbourne also features No. 8 Victoria Azarenka of Belarus. A former No. 1, a left foot injury restricted her to just one match since she surrendered her Australian Open title in the quarterfinals in January. Drawn to face Italian Camila Giorgi in her opening match on Tuesday, Azarenka said, "Its not important for me whos going to be on the other side. I just want to see what I can do, and just see how to raise my level from there." Everyones mind inevitably is on Wimbledon, which begins next week, but second-seeded Petra Kvitova, who reached the Eastbourne final in 2011 before going on to claim the Wimbledon title, is determined to keep her focus on this week. "Of course, I want to play the best that I can to get used to the grass and everything before Wimbledon, but Im taking this tournament as a very big one," Kvitova said. "Its a very tough draw. Everybody wants to be successful here." In the mens event, Frenchman Jeremy Chardy beat former two-time champion Ivo Karlovic of Croatia 6-4, 6-4, sixth-seeded Gilles Simon of France defeated Australian qualifier Chris Guccione 7-6 (2), 6-4 and American Sam Querrey beat Britains Kyle Edmund 7-6 (5), 6-3. Jaromir Jagr Jersey . "Well over 50 (per cent)," coach Claude Noel said Tuesday after practice, where the Jets were looking at ways to cut down the scoring chances theyve been giving away. Tim Schaller Jersey . Matt Carkner got back into the Ottawa lineup, and made his presence felt right away by settling his clubs score in a one-sided fight with Rangers forward Brian Boyle. http://www.thebostonbruinshockey.com/phil-esposito-hockey-jersey/ . The Oilers have been shut out in three straight home games and are in last place in the Western Conference with a 4-14-2 record. "Things have obviously not gone as well as I would have thought probable.NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessees Jake Locker practiced on Wednesday but his status for this weekends game against Houston remains unclear.Locker left practice without stopping for his weekly meeting with the media. Coach Ken Whisenhunt says the quarterback didnt take questions because the Titans will know more about his status Thursday.He did pretty much everything, Whisenhunt said of Locker. Hell be listed as limited just because I dont want it to flare up tomorrow and be an issue, but he did a lot today.Whisenhunt wouldnt compare how much Locker practiced Wednesday compared to a week ago. Locker threw Tuesday with the Titans wanting to see the quarterback throw in consecutive days. Locker has missed two straight games with an injured right thumb, and Whisenhunt says he doesnt want Lockers thumb to flare up Thursday and be an issue.Locker wasnt the only quarterback who didnt talk to reporters. Charlie Whitehurst, who has started three of the last four games, also wasnt available. Rookie Zach Mettenberger wasnt in the locker room while it was open to media.Houston reporters asked Whisenhunt on a conference call Wednesday if the Titans are making a quarterback change to Mettenberger, and the coach said he didnt know where such talk was coming from.Nothing has changed from our quarterback situation, Whisenhunt said.The Titans have been trying to be patient with Locker, who has nine games left on his contract. The eighth pick overall in 2011, Locker has missed 17 of a possible 39 starts since being named Tennessees starting quarterback because of various injuries.Texans quarterback Ryan Fitzpattrick started nine games with Tennessee last season before being cut in March, and now hes the starter in Houston. Matt Beleskey Jersey. He remains friends with Locker and said its unfortunate that the Titans quarterback is dealing with more injuries this season.Everybody knows how hard he works and how tough he is, Fitzpatrick said. A couple of unfortunate things here and there that happened this year. Its just one of those things that happens in the game of football. You get dinged up. I just know that if he can be on the field, hell be out there.But Locker has finished only three games this season. With the Titans at 2-5 having lost five of their last six games, fans wanting a reason to show up for home games have been calling for Tennessee to start Mettenberger to see if the rookie could be this franchises quarterback to speed up rebuilding.Whisenhunt said Monday that Mettenberger had practiced some with starters the previous two weeks because of Lockers injured thumb.Ive worked with all three of them, Titans receiver Kendall Wright said. I like what I see with all of them, so whoever they go with I think well be good. At the end of the day throughout practice, we catch passes from all of them.Notes: RB Shonn Greene (hamstring) returned to practice after missing the last two games and was limited along with DE Ropati Pitoitua (left hand) and TE Taylor Thompson (right knee). CB Coty Sensabaugh (right knee) and LB Quentin Groves (ankle) did not practice.___Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow Teresa M. Walker at www.twitter.com/teresamwalker Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Volker Harmgardt
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 146 Themen und 166 Beiträge.

Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen